Our vision statement is our inspiration, it is the framework for our strategic planning as it pronounces our dreams and hopes for the future. Our vision serves as a guide for attaining our mid-term to long-term goals by directing Hillside’s focus to our desired future. Our vision therefore reads
“ To be a leading Accademic Institution by providing high-quality short-term, high impact and customized training that meets local, regional and international workforce needs in the 21st century.”
Our mission reflects Hillside College’s fundamental purpose for existence. It answers the question, ‘Why does our College exist?’ Hence it explains the college’s purpose to our students, staff, stakeholders and the general public. It spells out what we do every day, as a result our Mission reads
“To provide citizens with competencies that lead to in-demand, sustainable employment opportunities.”
Our values are the key ideas and principles that people within our organisation and our partners believe are important. They sum up why we do what we do – our purpose – and how we go about our work – our approach. Hillside College has adopted five corporate values which serve as guiding principles around its corporate culture, employee behaviour and how actions are governed and shaped. These values are as follows:
- We expect great things for all our students and our staff.
- We challenge ourselves and each other – always aspiring to do better.
- We build self-confidence and help individuals realise their potential.
- We expand our horizons by seeking out inspiration from other people, places and practice.
- We are tolerant and fair in every aspect of our work.
- We treat people well, equally and with respect.
- We listen, empathise and take time to understand the views of others, especially when they are different to our own.
- We help individuals realise their dreams – whoever they are and whatever their background.
- We identify and remove barriers to learning wherever they exist.
- We focus on the future and spotting new opportunities to develop what we do.
- We are open to doing things differently and learning from others.
- We embrace difference and establish high levels of trust in order to liberate creativity.
- We create partnerships that deliver mutual and lasting benefits.
- We seek out new ideas and develop new approaches.
- We encourage originality and an appreciation of the arts.
- We are ready to adapt to change, always look to be flexible and are willing to take risks.
Pursuant to our vision and mission, the summary of Hillside College’s strategic objectives includes the following:
- To expand sources of revenue
- To improve quality of programmes
- To introduce new programmes through partnership with international reputable institutions
- To strengthen financial control, transparency and accountability
- To improve human resources
- To upgrade management information system